John Angelo Gotti (born February 14, 1964)  known as “Junior” Gotti , is a former New York City mobster who, according to law enforcement claims, was acting boss of the Gambino crime family from 1992 to 1999 after his father , John J. Gotti , was sent to prison. Between 2004 and 2009 Gotti was a defendant in four racketeering trials which all ended in mistrials. In January 2010, federal prosecutors announced that they would no longer seek to prosecute Gotti for those charges. He has been referred to as “Teflon Jr.” For evading conviction like his father.
Gotti is one of four children born to an Italian American mobster, John Joseph Gotti Jr. and Victoria DiGiorgio Gotti, Whose father Was of Italian descent, and mother of Was Russian-Jewish ancestry.  He grew up in the Italian-American neighborhood of Howard Beach , a section of Queens, New York . He attended New York Military Academy as a member of the Class of 1983   but did not graduate. 
He has his sister, Victoria and two brothers, Peter and Frank (deceased). [ Citation needed ]
After leaving the school, [ when? ] Gotti’s father helped him start a trucking business, Samson Trucking Company and after the business failed, helped him get a position in the Carpenters Union. 
Leadership of the Gambino crime family
According to federal prosecutors, Gotti was inducted into the Gambino family in 1988.  He was named a caporegime (captain) in 1990, and is believed to be the youngest capo in the Gambino family’s history.  
In April 1992, his father, John J. Gotti, received a life sentence for racketeering and related offenses. Prosecutors say he made his son the head of family operations with a committee of captains to assist him. As a family member, he was one of the few people allowed to visit his father and Gotti is believed to have relayed his father’s orders to the organization from prison.
Remembering how his father had been brought down by FBI bugs, Gotti adopted a more secretive way of doing business. He discussed mob business mainly through “walk-talks,” or conversations held while walking alongside trusted capos. He also tried to pose as a legitimate businessman. However, several of his button men did not think much about him, thinking he was incompetent. Gambino is a family member of the Gambino family. The Genovese family was so unimpressed with Gotti that it refused to deal with him at all. 
In a 1997 search of the basement of a property owned by Gotti, the FBI found a typed list of the names of the ” made ” members de son organization, as well as $ 348.700 in cash, a list of the guests Who Attended His Wedding, Along with the dollar amount of their wedding gifts (totaling more than $ 350,000), and two handguns. Also in 1991 and 1992; A longstanding rule in the New York Mafia calls for prospective wiseguys to be vetted by the other families before being induced. However, the inductions take place. The discovery enraged Gotti ‘s father as well as the other bosses, since it has dozens of other mafiosi at risk of government scrutiny.   The episode earned him the nickname ‘dumbfella’ in the New York media.  
In 1998, Gotta was slapped with a wide-ranging RICO indictment charging that he was not only the acting boss of the Gambino family, but received millions of dollars from numerous Gambino rackets. Many of the expenses related to attempts to extort money from the owners and employees of Scores , an upscale strip club in Manhattan. According to the indictment, the Gambinos had forced Scores’ owners to pay $ 1 million over a six-year period in order to stay in business, with Gotti’s share of the loot totaling $ 100,000. In addition to the lists seized in the 1997 raid, prosecutors obtained transcripts of prison conversations in which he received advice from his father on how to run the family. Faced with overwhelming evidence, Gotti pleaded guilty to reduced charges of loansharking, bookmaking, extortion, and given testimonial information against other mobsters such as John Alite.  He was sentenced in 1999, to 77 months in prison and was released early in 2001, but due to other charges. Gotti was found guilty and sent back to Prison in 2002. Federal prosecutors say his uncle, Peter Gotti , became head of The Gambino organization after his nephew was sent to prison.   Peter Gotti , became head of the Gambino organization after his nephew was sent to prison.   Peter Gotti , became head of the Gambino organization after his nephew was sent to prison.  
2004 racketeering and kidnapping charges
In 2004, months before he was released from prison, Gotti was charged in an 11-count racketeering indictment which included an alleged plot to kidnap Curtis Sliwa , founder of the Guardian Angels , as well as fraud, extortion and loansharking.  A radio talk show host for WABC , Sliwa had an allegedly angered family by denouncing the elder Gotti as “Public Enemy # 1” on his show. During the trial, two former associates, Michael DiLeonardo and Joseph D’Angelo testified against Gotti. Through his attorney, Gotti admitted that he had been involved in the Gambino crime family in the 1990s, and had even been slated to lead the organization after his father was sent to jail in 1992,   Three juries eventually deadlocked on the charges, the last in 2006, and federal prosecutors decided not to pursue a fourth trial. 
2008 racketeering charges
In August 2008, Gotti was arrested and reported on racketeering and murder conspiracy charges brought in Florida .  The charges stemmed from an alleged drug trafficking ring. Gotti operated along with form associate-turned informing John Alite and others, and with the murders of two men associated with the ring. Prosecutors charged with the ring distributed at least five kilograms of cocaine in the late 1980s and early 1990s.   Gotti’s trial later Was Moved to New York, Where he pleaded not guilty, and Began in September 2009.  
In January 2008, Alite pleaded guilty to two murders, four murder conspiracies, at least eight shootings, and two attempted shootings as well as armed robberies in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, stemming from his alleged involvement in A Gambino crew in Tampa, Florida.  Alite agrees to testify in the trial of Gambino family enforcer Charles Carneglia, who was found guilty of four murders and is now serving a life sentence. Gotti,. 
During the trial, Gotti allegedly threatened Alite by mouthing the words “I’ll kill you”, and engaged in a shouting match with his former associate. After the incident, Victoria Gotti told The New York Daily News that Alite was “a pathological liar – a rat caught in a proverbial trap, caught in his own …”  Alite testified that Gotti was responsible for at least eight Murders, among other crimes. 
On December 1, 2009, the 12 jurors announced that they had failed to reach unanimous verdict on all the charges and the judge declared a mistrial.  Federal prosecutors have indicated that they will not seek another trial against Gotti.  After the trial, the Alite, to be credible.  Gotti, Federal Bureau of Prisons Register # 00632-748, was released on December 1, 2009. 
In November 2013, Gotti was stabbed while breaking up in Syosset, New York . 
In 1990, Gotti married Kimberly Albanese, daughter of Joseph Albanese, a flooring / carpet installer. They have six children and live in Oyster Bay Cove on Long Island’s North Shore .   
In September 2010, Fiore Films announced that it had secured the rights of Gotti to produce a movie about his life,  in particular his relationship with his father. According to Variety , several producers had expressed interest, but Gotti Fiore, a small, newly created production company. The movie, tentatively titled Gotti: in the Shadow of My Father, will be directed by Barry Levinson . John Travolta is expected to star as Gotti’s father,  and Travolta’s wife, Kelly Preston , will play his on-screen wife, Victoria Gotti.  Stacy Keach is expected to play Neil Dellacroce , An underboss in the Gambino crime family and a mentor to the senior Gotti. But the production of the film had lost Barry Levinson . On July 25 2016, Kevin Connolly (best known as Eric “Murphy” in the TV series Entourage ) directing.  The film is scheduled for release at some stage in 2017.  Murphy in the TV series Entourage ) directing.  The film is scheduled for release at some stage in 2017.  Murphy in the TV series Entourage ) directing.  The film is scheduled for release at some stage in 2017. 
- Jump up^ Gotti, p. 73
- Jump up^ In Break From Code, Gotti Women’s Soak Up Trial Spotlight
- Jump up^ “High School Alumni in Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY” . Retrieved October 3, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “New York Military Academy Alumni” . Retrieved October 3, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Getting Gotti” . Cigar Aficionado . January-February 2015 . Retrieved October 3, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Gotti, p. 184
- Jump up^ Dunleavy, Steve (April 13, 2007), Got It ‘Made’ , New York Post , retrieved July 7, 2009
- Jump up^ Time Waster. “Page from FBI file available on the Smoking Gun website” . Thesmokinggun.com . Retrieved May 20, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Raab, Selwyn. The Five Families: The Rise, Decline & Resurgence of America’s Most Powerful Mafia Empire . New York: St. Martins Press, 2005.
- Jump up^ Raab, p. 458
- Jump up^ Smith, Greg B. (June 2, 1999). “ANGRY GOTTI RAPS ‘IDIOT’ SOUND JUNIOR” . New York: Daily News . Retrieved July 10, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Greg B. and, Capeci, Jerry (February 12, 1998), JR.’S WEDDING BLUES LIST OF BIG-BUCKS GUESTS, GIFTS , NY: Daily News , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Smith, Greg B. (April 3, 1995), FAMILY MAN JUNIOR’S TAKING LEGAL COURSE , New York: Daily News , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ 2005 criminal complaint US vs. International Longshoremen’s Association
- Jump up^ Chen, David W. (September 4, 1999), Younger Gotti is Sentenced to Six Years , The New York Times , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Preston, Julia and, Barron, James (July 23, 2004), Godfather to Her: Gottis Set Up a Hit On Sliwa, US Says , The New York Times , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Peterson, Helen and Zambito, Thomas (March 11, 2006), Jury Balks and Junior Walks , New York: Daily News , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Hartocollis, Anemona (March 9, 2006), Gotti Was Set to Lead Mob, His Lawyer Tells Court , The New York Times , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Government Drops Case Against John ‘Junior’ Gotti , WCBS-TV, October 20, 2006 , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ US Dept. Of Justice press release, August 2008.
- Jump up^ Eligon, John (August 5, 2008). “Gotti Arrested in Murder Conspiracy” . The New York Times . Retrieved July 5, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Indictment against John A. Gotti” (PDF) . Retrieved May 20, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Gearty, Robert (August 4, 2009), John A. (Junior) Gotti pleads not guilty to indictment that could have death penalty , New York: Daily News , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ DeStefano, Anthony M. (August 4, 2009), Gotti Pleads Not Guilty to Revamped Murder Charge , Newsday , retrieved July 5, 2009
- Jump up^ Graham, Kevin (December 11, 2008), Gotti friend with Tampa ties admits role in killings, feds say , St. Petersburg Times , retrieved October 21,2009
- Jump up^ Alison Gendar, AND Corky Siemaszko (October 1, 2009), Mob turncoat John Alite testifies he got nails done with John Gotti Jr. after drug dealer’s murder , NY : NY Daily News , retrieved November 2, 2009
- Jump up^ Alison Gendar and Larry McShane (October 9, 2009). “Chaos In The Courtroom Junior Gotti Rips Mob Tunrncoat Alite During Break in Trial” . The New York Daily News . Retrieved September 10, 2009 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b and Larry Mcshane, Kenny Porpora (December 2, 2009), Prosecution’s case against Junior Gotti was not credible, juror says , New York Daily News , retrieved December 10, 2009
- Jump up^ “Fourth Hung Jury in Gotti Case” . The New York Times . [ Dead link ]
- Jump up^ Neumeister, Larry (December 6, 2009), `Junior ‘Gotti’s 4th mob mistrial may be his last , Associated Press , retrieved December 9, 2009
- Jump up^ “John A. Gotti.” Federal Bureau of Prisons. Retrieved on January 5, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Ex-Mob Boss Gotti Stabbed on Long Island” . New York Times . November 11, 2013 . Retrieved 14 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ Chen, David W. (April 6, 1999), Junior Seems More Than Boss Sound, New York Times , retrieved July 7, 2009
- Jump up^ Rogers, Patrick (September 27, 1999), The Family Way , People , retrieved July 6, 2009
- Jump up^ Final Report of the New York State Organized Crime Task ForceCorruption and Racketeering in the New York City Construction Industry, NYU Press, 1990, Pg. 84
- Jump up^ McNary, Dave (September 22, 2010). “Fiore to bring John Gotti, Jr. to big screen” . Variety .
- Jump up^ John Travolta as John Gotti !!! , TMZ , January 25, 2011 , retrieved February 25, 2011
- Jump up^ Nudd, Tim (May 4, 2011), “Kelly Preston to Play John Travolta’s Wife in Gotti Movie” , People , retrieved May 6, 2011
- Jump up^ http://deadline.com/2015/09/john-gotti-john-travolta-movie-kevin-connolly-directing-lionsgate-1201517699/
- Jump up^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1801552/
- Victoria Gotti. This Family of Mine: What It Was Like Growing Up Gotti , 2009. Simon and Schuster.