Student financial aid in Sweden Consists of grants and loans administered by the Swedish National Board of Student Aid , a Swedish government agency .  Students living With Their Parents Often only take the student grant , while other students tend to take Both the student grant and the student loan . The loans and grants are approved for a maximum of twelve semesters, or 240 weeks. As of 2016, when you are a full-time student as a student: 
No income tax is paid on student grants and student loans.
You must meet basic requirements to receive financial aid. 
- You must meet the age requirements. 47. For upper secondary education, there is also a minimum age of 20.
- You must be a student or a student.
- You must be studying at least half-time.
- You should study for at least three weeks.
In Sweden , application and tuition fees apply for students who are not citizens of an EU / EEA / Nordic country or Switzerland and who apply for bachelor’s or master’s level. 
- Jump up^ Regeringskansliet, Regeringen och (2015-04-22). “Financial aid for studies” . Regeringskansliet (in Swedish) . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “What is student aid?” . www.csn.se . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “What qualifies you to receive financial aid for studies?” . www.csn.se . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “Fees and costs – Study in Sweden” . Study in Sweden . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .